Resources for Patients
- CDC Resources for Patients
- Non-opioid treatments for chronic pain (PDF)
- Opioid Overdose Tip Card (PDF)
- Opioids and Chronic Pain (PDF)
- Opioids and acute pain (PDF)
- Opioids for acute pain: Get the facts (PDF)
- Prescription opioids: What you need to know (PDF)
- What is Naloxone?
- Pregnancy and Opioids (PDF)/ Spanish Language (PDF)
- Information for people struggling with drug abuse, as well as resources for their families and friends
- Safe Use of Opioids for Adults (PDF)
- Safe Use of Opioids in Children (PDF)
- Pain Management and Safe Use of Opioids after Surgery –at home after discharge (PDF)
- Pain Control After Your Surgery: Information for people taking opioid pain meds –tapering before surgery (PDF)
- What is the New Michigan Opioid Prescribing law? “7 days” (PDF)
- Opioid Overdose and Naloxone: Take A.C.T.I.O.N. and Save a Life (PDF)
- Michigan Drug Disposal Information and Resources Map
Telephone: 734-764-0231 or toll-free 1-800-525-5188
A confidential and anonymous source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for substance abuse/addiction and/or mental health problems.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration National Helpline
Free and confidential information in English and Spanish for individuals and family members facing substance abuse and mental health issues. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Support for Families
Families Against Narcotics (FAN) is a community-based program for those seeking recovery, those in recovery, family members affected by addiction and community supporters. FAN seeks to change the face of addiction, dispel the stigma of addiction and educate the community, as well as those affected by addiction.