Michigan OPEN will be hosting their 7th Pain Medication Take Back Event on Saturday, April 28th. This event will be the biggest yet, and will be taking place in 26 cities across the state. See information below for the event in Ann Arbor, and use the links below to access information for other cities across the state!
Together with the Ann Arbor Police, the Division of Pain Research, Department of Anesthesiology, Michigan OPEN is hosting the 7th Pain Medication Take Back Event Saturday, April 28th from 10-2PM at the St Francis Catholic School Parking Lot in Ann Arbor.
This past September Michigan OPEN was able to collect approximately 900 pounds of medications from 9 sites throughout Michigan which breaks down to 130,000 pills, including approximately 17,500 opioid pills and patches constituting ~130,000 oral morphine equivalents. This was a big uptick from our first event in the fall of 2015 when we collected 25,000 pills.
Take back events provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the community about potential teen abuse of medications found in the home and the safety of children.
Please bring you unused opioids and help make our community a safer place. Please share with friends, neighbors, schools, social media. Help us get the word out!
For more information:
Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/events/1647292838651301/)
Other Michigan OPEN events throughout Michigan (http://michigan-open.org/safe-drug-disposal/organizing-an-opioid-take-back-event/spring-2018-locations/)
27 locations in 17 counties are taking part in the state-wide 2018 Spring Medication Take Back Event!
Find the location nearest you:
- Battle Creek: Bronson Battle Creek Hospital, 300 North Avenue
- Flint: Powers Catholic High School 1505 W Court Street
- Jackson: Center for Family Health, 505 N Jackson Street
- Kalamazoo: Bronson Methodist Hospital 601 John Street
- Eagle River: Keweenaw County Sheriff’s Department 5105 4th Street
- Lapeer: Lapeer Police Station, 2300 W. Genesee Street
- Clinton: Village of Clinton Police Department, 322 E. Michigan Avenue
- Pinckney: Pinckney Town Square Park, East Main Street
- Roseville: The American House East 18760 13 Mile Road
- Macomb: Beaumont Medical Center – Macomb, 15979 Hall Road (northeast parking lot)
- Monroe: Promedica Regional Hospital, 718 North Macomb Street
- Royal Oak: Beaumont Hospital Administration Building, 3535 West 13 Mile Road
- Wixom: Wixom City Hall, 49045 Pontiac Trail
- Commerce Township: Westlake Health Campus, 6000 Walled Lake Villa Drive
- Pontiac: St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, 44405 Woodward Avenue
- Holland: Walgreens, 494 Butternut Drive
- Saginaw: Covenant Healthcare 700 Cooper Street
St. Joseph County:
- St. Joseph: Lakeland Center for Outpatient Services, 3900 Hollywood Rd, St. Joseph, MI 49085
Van Buren County:
- South Haven: Shoreline Wellness & Rehab Center, 950 S Bailey Avenue
- Mattawan: Antwerp Township Activity Center, 24821 Front Avenue
- Ann Arbor: St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School, 2270 East Stadium Boulevard
- Chelsea: Chelsea Retirement Community, 805 W. Middle Street
- Ypsilanti: West Willow Community Resource Center, 2057 Tyler Road
- Livonia: New Oakland Family Center 31500 Schoolcraft Road
- Wayne: Beaumont Hospital, 33155 Annapolis Street
- Dearborn: Beaumont Hospital, 18101 Oakwood Blvd., Fitzgerald Pavilion entrance
- Flat Rock: Flat Rock Towers Co-op, 28744 Telegraph Road
For any questions about these events, please contact:
Claire Wolniewicz 734-764-9491 email@example.com
Nicole Rouech 734-763-8798 firstname.lastname@example.org