SAVE THE DATE!
The Washtenaw County Opioid Summit—Oct 15th, 2018
Washtenaw Community College Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E Huron River Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Afternoon session for professionals–1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Hear about the current state of opioid prescribing legislation and implementation in Michigan
- Learn about treatment resources and patient communication tools like Motivational Interviewing
- Get trained in the use of Naloxone
Evening session for the general public–5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Understand addiction and recovery facts
- Hear from people who have been directly affected by addiction
- Learn about different methods for safe storage and use of opioids
Food and refreshments will be provided to all participants.
Both sessions are free. Please RSVP.
Register here for the professional development session (1 to 5pm). This session is oriented toward individuals actively working in a profession affected by the opioid epidemic (physicians, nurses, counselors, social workers, peer supports, law enforcement, etc.) and will contain more specialized content.
Register here for the community engagement session (5:30 – 8:30pm). This session is designed to educate community members about the opioid epidemic, and engage them in initiatives to address it.